Grell Sutcliff Cosplay Teeth Tutorial!
By popular demand! Since I’ve had so many people ask. I hope this is helpful to someone!
Here are some links to a few of the items you might have difficulty finding. Though everything you can get at a grocery store or hardware store, except the plastic pellets.
A few more tips I forgot to mention above:
Clean of any extra glue with a clean q-tip, and avoid getting the glue on the front of the tooth. - If the edges of the teeth don’t match up, wait until the glue is dry, and you can file down the tops of the teeth a bit until it’s a closer match. - When removing the retainer pull down carefully, and use both hands. - You can drink with these in, but I recommend -only- cold water. Don’t try to eat with them in. - Pointy teeth are sharp! Be careful, you probably will cut yourself.
Enjoy the tutorial!
question: is Moonsetter just as cute when it’s arranged as an 8bit track?
originally composed by Toby “Radiation” Fox
midi thanks to the mspa forums (plus a lot of modification where it was just wrong)
holy fucking shit
Imagine that when you see a city’s skyline, you taste blackberries.
Perhaps you are completely convinced that Wednesdays are light red. If you have experiences like these, you might have synesthesia.
Synesthesia means joined perception.
It’s when your brain perceives one sense such as hearing at the same time with another sense like sight.
The most common form is confusing letters and objects with colors. Someone might associate a plane with a green color.
Scientists believe that it happens when there’s cross-wiring in the brain, when neurons in one sensory over cross over to another.
here are interesting cases people have submitted to me!
fun fact: i have major grapheme-colour synesthesia, mostly with numbers
like 1(but not the word one for some reason) is grass-green (like a prairie green i guess it changes sometimes) 2 is bright yellow, nine and ten are dark greys, and 31 is forest green (i have others but those were the first ones that i recognised when i was little)
as you can imagine, precalc is a trip
I HAVE THIS OMGI think I have it too
My numbers have personalities and genders god damn I’m weird
I CANNOT GET ALONG WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE THIS BECAUSE I WILL GET ANGRY IF YOU SAY NUMBERS ARE DIFFERENT COLORS THAN I HAVE THEM AS
because a lot of people dont seem to get this:
- golems are from jewish folklore. dont treat them like a generic fantasy creature, thats appropriative
- kabbalah is a specifically jewish religious tradition. dont practice it if youre not jewish and dont use kabbalah symbolism as generic occult stuff, thats appropriative
- for the record if it has hebrew on it and it doesnt have anything to do with judaism its probably appropriative
- dont wear a magen david if youre not jewish, its used as a symbol for judaism so wearing it if youre a gentile is appropriative
- while im at it heres a rundown of some terms you should know
- goy: hebrew and yiddish for non-jewish person, it literally translates as “nation.” the plural form is goyim. goy is not a slur.
- gentile: english for non-jewish person
- anti-semitism: you probably know what this means but i just want to point out that the word anti-semitism was NOT coined by jews but by a german anti-semite who wanted a more scientific-sounding alternative to “judenhass,” which literally translates to “jew-hatred” so please shut up about how arabs are also semites. we know.
- if you’re not jewish you should also avoid using the word “jew” since many jewish people are uncomfortable with it (though i personally am fine with it). use “jewish person” instead if youre a gentile
please reblog this if you’re not jewish, i almost never see gentiles acknowledging cultural appropriation of judaism and anti-semitism on tumblr, even among people who otherwise pay close attention to such issues
dude people can use golems
all fantasy creatures come from stuff they are fine as generic fantasy shit
its not fucking appropriative
SOME BASIC FRENCH EXPRESSIONS
there is only candy to eat and only soda to drink
my god im going to get so sick
Alright, before you say, “Ugh, that piano’s horrendously out of tune!”….
Yeah, I know. It’s a 102-year-old Estey Upright (it was built in 1912). It’s still in it’s original state. The real ivory keys are chipped. Some of them don’t work anymore. And even parts of the mahogany exterior have been worn down.
But because it’s slightly out of tune and it’s really old (AKA it looks cool), I thought playing the Gravity Falls theme on it would add to the more haunting aspects of the melody.
If there’s enough demand, I can do another video of the theme on the piano in my bedroom (it’s newer and in tip-top shape).
But for now… GF theme on a 102-year-old piano it is. :D
(also, I’m a novice piano player, so be gentle with the critique)
Try out the themes below instead. Some resemble redux edits, others are just simple and clean with attractive features. Most importantly, they’re original themes that the creators put time and effort into, and they come with a lot less bugs. If you ever find yourself looking for a redux edit, consider these themes:
- leaf theme by 01kido
- glass theme and bubblemint theme by moonwisp
- mayo theme by koduck
- skyview theme by drewthemes
- hentaist’s themes in general
- kogami’s themes in general
- alkaline theme and umai theme by coroncina
- yuri theme by selkas (USE THIS IT’S SO GOOD)
- beetlevomit’s themes. I recommend their pretty bird theme
- redux edit (v2) by zeldathemes
- 20k theme by tukut
- 01 theme by naegays
- ame by yngvz
- miluneun’s themes in general. I recommend hikage theme
- adore by hanachu
- totoro theme by jolyene
- ofitachi’s themes in general
- lensexual theme by fukkui
- aquanaut by medicine
- ethereal by shoseii
- untitled by nice-meme
- phat redux and power up by me!!!
Other awesome theme makers for when you’re not looking for redux-esque themes (just off the top of my head; there’s way more than this):
- baberoe (previously urie)
A few things to keep in mind:
- this is why redux edits are bad (& why I’m making this post)
- not all of the themes I linked to are without bugs, but they’re still significantly more functional than redux edits
- everyone I linked to in the first section has more than one theme so you should look through all of their stuff and see if there’s anything else you like
- if any of those themes have pixel fonts that aren’t working on google chrome due to the new update, either use the browser opera or change the font to one of these, these, or these.
- another thing that kinda worked for me is hosting the font in my public dropbox folder & replacing the @font-face link with that, but this isn’t failproof. if you want to try it anyway, I have 13 pixel fonts in my dropbox already. ask me for them if you want
The 2nd Law
madness - muse
He ain’t amused.
arachy more like arhotty
ATTENTION FOR A SECOND, YO:
Real talk, this animal (the Ordovician Helmet crab, aka the Horseshoe crab, aka the Atlantic’s most at-risk shelled animal) is of a species that is close to 450 million years old. They are considered endangered, and often wash up on the shores of Long Island (this big lady crab was at TR park in Oyster Bay)
Note: these animals are often used to extract their blue blood and cure diseases. They help the ocean out big time. And they are one of the longest-surviving species on the planet. They’re washing up and people don’t think to/are scared to save them because of their deceivingly harmless barbs.
Take note, friends. Their barbs are NOT stingers. They cannot hurt you. Their pinchers aren’t pinchers, they’re just little legs that are actually really soft! The barb tail they have is actually what they use to stick into the ocean floor or the sand when waves knock them over or they flip onto their backs by accident. And you can help them out by flipping them back over very quickly and helping them scuttle back into the water if you see them struggling.
This is way important. Just call me the Sarah McLachlan of horseshoe crabs.
Hey everyone, as someone who grew up with horseshoe crabs literally everywhere I’d like to bring your attention to these fine, prehistoric bottom-feeders. Growing up in Gerritsen Beach (In Brooklyn, NY) meant seeing dozens upon dozens of horseshoe crabs trapped in fishing lines and shredded sandbags, stuck above the high-tide marks during low tide, and sometimes washed up on the rocks. Which led to probably hundreds of hours cutting them loose every summer during the mating seasons. Horseshoe crabs are 10000% harmless to you and can be easily handled (just don’t dangle them from their tails (known as a telson); that’s painful and you may accidentally rip the tail off and they’ll have to wait until their next molt to grow a new one!).
If you see a horseshoe crab on the beach, gently nudge it with your foot. Most of them will respond by waving their telson around. If it doesn’t respond, flip it over to check for moving limbs. If you suspect it is tangled and can’t move and you can’t bring it straight to the water because of this get a bucket of sea water and slowly pour it over the book gills and legs. As you work to untangle these rad critters, which are actually more closely related to spiders than crabs, pour more water over it periodically until you can return it to the ocean. However, during the mating season horseshoe crabs will attach together, with the large female toting around a smaller male behind her, and bury themselves in sand and mud to lay their eggs. Do not dig up these horseshoe crabs unless you are absolutely sure that they are stuck above the high tide mark. If you see dozens of beached horseshoe crabs but none of them are clinging together and the tide is going out, please do your part and turn them back in the direction of the water. Place them at the water’s edge and let them decide which direction they want to go in to be absolutely sure that they aren’t stranded accidentally.
Horseshoe crabs cannot bite you, and their “pincers” are really just for picking up food and don’t hurt if they try to grab you. They may be a little intimidating-looking but they are harmless and will be grateful for your help.
Just look at all those friendly legs waiting to tickle you in thanks for helping them not die a slow death of baking in the sun and getting eaten by gulls and other sea birds!
Please, protect our bottom feeding horseshoe crabs at all costs. Yes their blood has important medicinal value, being copper-based unlike our iron-based blood, but overharvesting them can have devastating effects on our underwater ecosystems. When being harvested for blood they should actually be returned to the ocean after taking a little, rather than bled dry